Sunday, December 27, 2009

4 things

1) I haven't rode my bike in a long time. Maybe two weeks and that is including on rollers. Just haven't wanted to. I'm not training for a race, but riding for fun. Right now, with the recent weather, riding in that weather isn't fun.

2) Instead of riding, I've been running some. In the time allowed, I'll get a better workout, in a shorter time frame. Also, the cold isn't as cold. I did between 5 and 6 miles today. In strong wind and blowing snow. On pavement and trails, over hill and dale. I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow.

3) Over the recent week, I've regained contact with my sister Regina and with Steve Levin. Regina is the only blood relative that ever gave a crap about me. Hopefully, we'll stay in touch this time. Steve is my former best friend and was the best man at our wedding. I'd like to get with him and make some music again.

4) Speaking of music, I'm kind of sort of thinking about getting another guitar and setting it up for slide guitar in open G tuning. I may also go to a blues open mic in Webster Groves at the Route 61 Roadhouse. I know my hours are getting cut again at the bike shop and perhaps now is the time to make contacts in the music world and form a band, or join someone else's band.

No comments:

Post a Comment