Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day One

Not a bad day. Sure, I have some cobwebs when it comes to working on bikes, but most of it is second nature. I suprised myself when I had to replace a bmx bike's gyro cables and when I spun the bars around, the plates had ZERO flip flop. That made me feel pretty awesome! Seemed to impress Chuck too. Lots of customers all day long. A tandem and a few other bikes were sold. I cranked out a bunch of repairs, all of today's and about 1/2 of Monday's.

Didn't really watch the Tour today, which is good, since it has been rather boring. It was on at the shop, but we were too busy to watch it. George Hincaipe almost took the yellow jersey and is now in 2nd place overall. The thing I thought sucked whas when Lance ordered his team to chase the breakaway George was in, down. What is Lance's deal with ex-teammates anyway? He always treats them rudely. I am amazed with what Lance has done, beating cancer, 7 Tour wins, etc. But him as a person, just seems to be a complete jerk. His book "It's not about the bike" imho could have been titled "It's all about me."

I rode the One Way to work today. Cool. I like not driving to work. I almost always rode in to work, when I was at Touring Cyclist, every Sunday and sometimes during the week, while at Big Shark, once in a while, at G___ (not always, mostly due to the 141 gauntlet in Valley Park and rush hour schetchyness). I plan on riding in pretty much every day at Olde Towne.

By the way, I'll be working Saturdays and weekday nights, except Thursdays. Come on in and see me some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment