Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'M BACK!!!!

Wow. Seems like my life is getting back to normal now. The last two years have taught me major life lessons. I've seen good and bad in people. I want to be one of the good ones, that's for sure.

Obviously, I have a new blog. You may see Johan is back from the grave!!!! After my cycling identity was ripped from me, I didn't like being called that. Too many memories, bad feelings, etc. But now, the time is right to bring Johan back.

I start a new job this Saturday. I am now back in the cycling world and will be working Saturdays and evenings at Olde Towne Fenton Cyclery. Nice growing shop. I am excieted to bring my years of experience to a new setting, new people. In the last years, I tried the traditional sales thing, with Brinks, Rebath and Helzberg Diamonds. I have my mind changed as to the selling process. Each of those companies had structured sales programs. I often wondered about how I could translate this and that into a bike selling situation. It seems like I now have a chance to do just that!

I haven't owned a bike in some time either. House payments were more important than bikes. Fortunately, I kept most of my clothes, helmets, etc. So, I just got a new bike, a Raleigh One Way. It's fixed geared and I'll use it for commuting to work and fitness rides of an hour or two. I put Shimano pedals on it, the ones that are SPD on one side and platform on the other. This way, I can commute the 3 miles in sneakers.



I'm stoked!

Obviously, the new blog and mindset will have lots of cycling posts. I'll still talk guitars, yoga and other things.

Glad to be back,

Johan

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back sir. I'm honored to sign my name to the first post.

    LC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda weird. About a week before you made your grand return to stlbiking, I started to wonder where you had disappeared to. Then, voila. There you were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grand return? I posted once and a while. But I suppose my recent posts were a build up to get my mind going again.

    ReplyDelete