Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Guitars

Odd, I've changed my life and now my guitar playing has seemed to change a bit as well. With the harp-guitar on it's eventual way to me, I know I'll continue fingerstyle "new-ageish" type music. Hmm...what to then do with the dobro? I tuned it yesterday to open G and played some slide. Considering it's been a long time since I've played any slide at all, I impressed myself! I actually played really well. So, I was thinking something electric, suitable for down and dirty blues. More Jimmy Reed than SRV. Maybe I can find a 1950's Kay, or something equally cheep and cool.

For those of you wondering why I haven't posted new Tibetan Quartz, or anything on my eBay auctions lately, I just haven't gotten around to it. I'm taking a short break from it.

As for bikes, I am really into the thought of doing a brevet. I even bought a computer for my bike! I haven't used one in quite some time, not wanting to be a slave to numbers and certainly, I can't recall ever having a computer on a fixed gear since 2000 or so. Of course, it's set to measure kilometers, since that's how brevets are measured. I also ordered a new wool jersey. I still have my black Surly one, but I'm pissed that I sold off the bunch of other ones I used to have. Wool rules. Simple as that.

On to le Tour.

What was Contador thinking today? He's in a break with the Schleck brothers and teammate Kloden. He attacks. No real reason for him to attack, as he's leading the race by minutes and Kloden would be on the podium, if the Tour ended now. But, the Schlecks stayed with him, but it was Kloden was dropped. By the end of the stage BOTH Schlecks were now ahead of Kloden and if the Tour ended today, it'd be Contador, followed in second and third by the Schlecks. I bet Kloden is pissed. Not exactly a good display of being a good teammate on Contador's part, imho.

No comments:

Post a Comment