Monday, October 19, 2009

Crazy Stiff

I haven't ridden much lately. Nasty weather last week, then this friggin cold set in. I rode into/from work Friday and Saturday, but that's about it since Monday (or so) of last week.

The cold kept me inside yesterday. I didn't want to move. In fact, when Amy took the boys out, I laid on the floor watching the Viking game, until halftime, when the kids came home. I then went to lay down in the bed. I woke up for dinner at 5. My sore throat is not too bad now, in fact, barely existant. Now, it's morphed into a head cold, with fatigue.

As a result of the cold and not riding, my back, espicially lower, has been killing me. I just did a yoga session, with long and deep stretches. It really helped. At the moment, I'm loose and feel better than I have in days, back speaking. I hope it "takes."

On the guitar front, since I've been cooped up for a week or so now, I've been playing quite a bit. Last week, I was in open G. Hadn't been there for a while and really good blues poured forth from my soul. Lots of killer slide licks. My tone was ON!!! For this week, I tuned back to DADGAD, where I mostly play. However, I am actually going to try and learn some things in this tuning. In the past, I simply noodled and made up chord shapes, in the spirit of William Ackerman. What I'm going to do now, is look up and learn some actual real chords and scales. It's weird, I've been playing in this tuning for 2 years or so, but haven't bothered to learn anything. That is the beauty of this tuning. You can just play, taking previous fretboard knowledge and morphing it into something of your own.

Hopefully, I'll feel well enough later to ride into work.

No comments:

Post a Comment