Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Various things

Most importantly, if you look to the right, you'll see links to various cancer related sites. I feel I'm on some sort of mission. Cancer needs a cure. We ALL have to help.

Brett Farve kicks ass. The Packers are like my all-time favorite team. Owned by the people of the town, not some rich bastard. But, they completely hacked me off by not taking Brett back from retirement. He's THE best quraterback ever, period. Not taking him back was insane. Last night was his first game against the Packers. He now is on the Archrival, Vikings. Brett had a carrer game, one of his best ever. Farve 1, Packers 0. I'm really curious to see how the fans react later this year, when the Vikings play at Lambeau Field. My guess, is the fans will cheer for Farve and the Vikings as they kick the Packers ass on their home field.

I think I have a broken arm, by my wrist. Not sure how I did it. It's been hurting for about 3 weeks and only gotten worse. I think it's a stress/hairline fracture. It hurts when I move it certain ways or put weight on it.

My arm is affecting my bike riding. I can ride in the hoods ok, but standing will hurt. I can't ride with my hands on the tops. I can sort of ride with my hands in the bend/junction of the tops and the part towards the hoods. Playing guitar is a certain chore. Because of my arm, my little finger becomes almost useless after several minutes of trying. After 20-25 minutes, I just have to stop. To uncomfortable.

Speaking of guitar, you all know I play mainly in DADGAD tuning. Pierre Bensusan is the BEST when it comes to DADGAD tuning. In my opinion, the best thing to ever come out of France. Ok, MAYBE next to Bernard Hinault (Django Reinhard was a gypsy, born in Belgium). No, Pierre is so much more inspirational. Heck, you gotta be good if Michael Hedges writes a song called "Bensusan" for you! This video is long, but it's a good example of him and DADGAD tuning.



Pretty good, huh?

Bensusan, Hedges and Kaukonen are my guitar gods.

Merckx, Hinault, Kelly and De Vlaemink are my bike gods.

2 comments:

  1. Nice stuff. Looks like he's using some kind of artificial nail. Check out Rico Nails, they are great: http://www.ricoguitarnails.com/

    Re Cancer stuff: Here's something you might find interesting:
    http://www.gloucestertimes.com/pulife/local_story_288223405.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had a book of his, where he told about how to 'improve' your nails. you grow them long and make a paste out of flour and super glue and apply with a pin!!!

    i'm a bare finger type myself.

    ReplyDelete