Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fever

Guitar aquisiton syndrome (gas) sucks. I have it again, but of a different sort. The Carson J Robison/Gibson guitar is everything I thought it would be and then some. I simply love it. I now have a good hard case for it and after putting on new strings, humidifying it and playing the heck out of it, she has come back to life. AMAZING guitar!!! The Harmony did sell via eBay, and for signifigantly more than I paid for it. This will allow me to either keep all the money, or keep some AND get another instrument. Problem is, if I get another instrument, WHAT?

I was thinking mandolin. But, in my efforts to learn it before, it just didn't happen for me. Weissenborn type lap guitar? Possible. But, then again, I can always play lap slide on the Carson J. Banjo? Most likely. I used to play bluegrass banjo and in the short time I took lessons, I amazed my teacher with my potential. But, I really don't want to be "bluegrass," if you know what I mean. If I were to banjo out, I think solo type old tymey music would be the appropriate venue. Just jam and make up melodies. Also, tuned to G, banjo would help my guitar playing in G as well, so the learning would translate between instruments nicely. Ok, olde tyme banjo. Would I want something OLD and cool or new and cool? There is one old, old banjo at a local shop I'm thinking about. Also, I found a guy that makes fretless mountain banjos. Another possibility.

Or, do I keep all the $$$ for myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment