Thursday, September 10, 2009

Purge

After yesterday's bad event and the mental energy I used contemplating it, I was left with an awful headache. It started last night at work and continued to today.

I needed to purge myself. I've been thinking of getting a haircut. Even seriously thinking of shaving my head. Don't know why I wanted to go bald, but the thought was there. So, after dropping the boys off at school, I headed to Great Clips. I didn't take it all off, but I went shorter than I have in a very, very long time. #2 shears around the sides and back and maybe 1/2-3/4 inch on top. I like it. I also wonder what Amy will say.

At home, I did some Tibetan Bowl meditation, to heal the headache, followed by some yoga. I haven't done any yoga in a long time and I was stiff. Didn't do any set plan, just flowed into poses that felt "right."

After the bowl and yoga, my headache is much better, almost competely gone. It's good to get rid of stress and blockage. It allows your chi to flow and purge your body of toxins.

I'll ride this afternoon for about an hour.

***

Added later...

I broke a guitar string on the Gibson. I hate changing strings on old guitars. You never know what's going to happen. Should I put 'silk and steel' strings on this guitar? That was my main question. All I had at home were medium Elixers, so I put them on and carefully tuned it up. Then I thought, well, I'm playing solo. I don't need to tune at a frequency to easily play with others. My old Bruno, I tuned at 430 hz. In the 1800's 430 was the standard pitch for the note A. Somewhere along the line, it went to 440. So, I tuned to 430. I also tuned to DADGAD, to have some lower string tension while the guitar's top adjusted to the new strings. Then I tried 425hz, then 420!!! I left it at 420. Tension's low and it sounds really mellow and throaty! I'll see what happens to the top over the next few days, before I decide on and if, I want to bring it back up in frequency.

Oh, and for those of you keeping score, no, the lady copper never called me.

No comments:

Post a Comment