Monday, September 7, 2009

Ritual Dance

I've been playing the Gibson in DADGAD tuning a lot. That tuning is just easy for me to improvise in. As a bonus, the guitar seems to like it too. It resonates well in that tuning. Acoustic guitar instrumentals get me thinking of one guy. Of course, Michael Hedges.

From Youtube, Michael Hedges' "Ritual Dance"



House painting was completed today. I rode for around 20 miles, mostly flats. I put the fenders on my bike after yesterday's rain. Good thing. Part of my ride took me thru the Meramec Greenway section of Yeager Park. It is a well shaded section, that hadn't dried out from all the rain of Saturday and yesterday. The fenders kept me dry. In some way, they are a badge of honor. I am now a bike Fred, but one with a history. Actually, these fenders are ok. They are made by SKS and they actually look pretty good and sit mostly even on the bike. The last bike I used fenders on was my good old Trek 470, which I converted into a fixed gear bike and used as a commuter for many years.

Bikes are cool, m'kay.

Guitars are cool too, m'kay.

Michael Hedges kicked ass, m'kay.

No comments:

Post a Comment