Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Ick

The Ick is an old Dead Head term. What it loosely means is the inevitable sickness one would get after partaking in a series of concerts and all the extracurricular activities involved. Part hangover, part cold or flu, part withdrawl symptoms. It sucked. Everyone shared everything at the shows and everyone wound up with the ick.

I don't have the ick now, but I sort of feel like I do. My whole air passage, from my nose thru to my lungs feels dry and 'burned.' Lethargic is how my energy level feels. Slightly achey is my body. Slightly runny is my nose. Haven't rode in 2 days, except for to and fro work, which I'm about to do again now. I just feel like laying around and doing nothing. Which sums up what I've done, save for taking the guys to school and going to work. Not eating or drinking much either.

Damn, really feels like the friggin' ick. Brings back bad memories of having it and good memories of getting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment