Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Catching up

I finally took some photos of the Alan!!!



Crazy handlebars are amazingly comfortable. Check out the tops, or almost lack thereof. Nice big curve going to the hoods. You can put your hands on the tops by the stem, on the straight bit. Otherwise, you are in that curve, which by the way is an amazing hand position!!!



And here are what our pumpkins looked like for halloween. I always like barfing pumpkins!



As for the bike.......

It's been having issues. Flat city, which I finally got ironed out. Creaking from the bottom bracket area. I think I have it worked out now too. I got home from today's ride and tightened the lock ring and rode it again, for a short distance. No clicking. Hopefully, that was it. Today, I finally didn't have a flat, so I was thinking I'd get a good ride in. I was, until I got to the intersection of New Smietzer and Hillsboro/Valley Park Rd. There it was flooded. So, I had to go back. But, that way did give me the nice hill there. I also took in the hill of Gravois/Hawkins and added another to my figure 8 loop, May Valley. MV is in my subdivision, in fact a few hundred feet from my house, but with the gearing on the fixed, I just never wanted to tackle it. That was part of the reason for getting the Alan in the first place. Gearing. It climbs nicely and rides well. I like it!!! As you see in the photo, it only has one cage mount. Not a big deal as most of my rides will only be in the 1-1.5 hour range anyway. I can always get water or ride with a CamelBak if necessary. With a cage, pump, lights, computer and pedals (yes, they are spd on one side and platform on the other...), full Brooks tool pouch and a Brooks saddle, it still weighs just 23 pounds. Not bad for a vintage bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment