Monday, November 9, 2009

Night Riding

I woke up this morning and quickly realized that in my condition, I obviously pushed it way too hard yesterday. Sure, it was only 30 miles, but I rode it hard. Thus, instead of a morning ride after the kids were in school, I went home and back to bed!!! I rode into work however. On the way home, I took the long route via the river road and by Chrystler/Maritz. I've rode these roads hundreds of times, but never in the dark. For most of the route, there isn't much ambient light, just the light provided by my headlight. The road isn't in the best of shape, since it floods all the time. In fact, the water just went down and I could see brush marks from a street sweeper, that cleared the road. Yet, a fine dirt was still on the road. The air was crisp and there was hardly any traffic. I think I only got passed by 3 cars the entire ride home. This extra distance doubled my normal commute. It was fun, and I'll certainly do this again and again.

2 comments:

  1. Been doing quite a bit of night riding lately. It's even better with a group.

    LC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check this out for relaxation after riding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw0fKzJQgeg

    ReplyDelete