Sunday, November 15, 2009

Nasty

Nasty day for a bike ride. Chilly, foggy, windy. It was mainly damp and windy. I did get out for a 20 mile ride in the flats. Of course, that always means a hill or two around here.

In the recent past, I was thinking of randonneur riding and doing some brevet rides. Coming to reality, that's not going to happen. I simply won't have the time to put in the miles.

But here's a thought...time trialing. I always thought I had power and wasn't too bad at time trialing. I think in the State Championships, I even did a 57 minute ride as a cat 5. There was no official Cat 5 champion that year, but I had the fastest time of the 5's. The following years I did 1:04 in both other attempts in stiff wind. I think I entered as a 4 one year, but would have been Master's Champion in my division, if I entered that instead. Arrgh.

So.......

If I can get in shape, this could be something realistic for me. Racing alone. Nobody else to crash me out. There is a weekly series in June and July in St. Charles, run by Joe Walsh of Big Shark racing. The bonus....there is a Merckx division!!! Meaning, no aero bars, etc. Simply old stuff, which falls into my retro love thing.



Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment