Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'm Glad

You know what, I'm really happy with the Alan. For the riding I'm going to do around here, it's perfect. It climbs really well. Considering I haven't really done any road climbing in years, I'm actually climbing really good. Is it the bike? I'm out of shape, yet, as for in the saddle climbing, I almost think I'm as good as ever. Not bad out of the saddle either. I am lacking overall in the power department, but I'll get stronger. In fact, I feel stronger than I have in a while. I guess doing hills will do that for you.

If you're wondering, the gearing is 52x42 up front and the six speed rear ranges from 13-24. I'm climbing decently in a 42x24??? Considering I used to run 39x23 on lighter bikes........ Good stuff.

And, on my loop today, I realized that I can go a bit farther, since I'm riding overall faster. Thus I have a bit more time. Today, I took a challenge, I haven't done in a few years. Oakwood. Starts with a long stretch of 8%, then goes for another good stretch at 10%, then a few hundred feet at 12%, before finally hitting 14% near the top. It was the last hill of my ride and I already did 2 good ones before that. I took the challenge and won. No leg or back pain. Like I said, my power is off, but darn it, I rode really well, all things considered!!!

If anyone wants a fixed gear or knows anyone that does, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment