Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Good and Bad

Good. Chuck is starting to commute via bike to work. My doing it and egging him on, got him to start. Another human powered commuter! Less cars, more excersize.

Bad. I've been posting on stlbiking's message board again and letting frank opinions fly. I won't post about this on that board, but since this one is mine, I will. There is a super-cool "racer," who I will call Big Head (BH). He took offense to my comments about racers training on bike paths, and my calling them "pathletes." He also took offense to my bringing up the broomstick incident and I didn't even mention his name in that post. Now, BH is emailing me. In one he said "until you start racing and training again, you should keep your comments to yourself on the board." and even somewhat challenged me to some odd sort of bike race competition. BH is a tool, a douche, pack fodder.

I wrote back and told him off. I told him a lot of things I haven't said before. Many of you know that due to my back, I'm rather messed up, but not the full extent of it. I now have a permanent limp, numbness in my left hip, thigh and shin and have pain not always, but a good bit of the time. Everyone in the bike world knows me as being a nice guy, but also for sometimes being a complete prick. The prick was me in pain folks. BH is now challenging me to show him how good I am on a bike. DUDE!!! I ride for fun. I don't go hard, because pain starts when I do. I like riding for pleasure and enjoyment. Your wanting to prove how much better you are than me on a bike, shows what a complete douche you are. "Stop resting on your past trophies and medals and show me what you got" were your words. BH, at least I have medals and trophies. You just are only famous for having a kid on a short bus hit you with a broomstick. A big FU to you BH. Yes BH, you are a better cyclist than me, someone that lives in pain. Pat yourself on the back, you are so cool.

Ok, to lighten this post up a bit, here's a clip from "But I'm a Cheerleader," which I told you about in my last post. This is the scene where Megan's boyfriend is trying to get all frisky, but she's disinterested, daydreaming about her fellow cheerleaders. Yet, she hadn't realized that she was a lesbian at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment