Monday, August 24, 2009

JRA

In the bike world, JRA stands for Just Riding Along, as in "I was just riding along and..." We had a good one come in tonight. Teenage boy and his mom and his mangled bike. "I was just riding along and squeezed my front brake lightly and this happened." The bike's front wheel was destroyed, complete taco. It was one of the best we ever saw. So, Chuck got the story up front, which I overheard, then brought it back for me to enjoy. "OH MY GOD!!! WHAT DID YOU DO? Did you hit something or did you land wrong after a jump?" I said. I got the JRA story again. Mom wanted to know if the story was actually possible. "No. You see, brakes apply even pressure to both sides of the wheel at the same time. Also, there is only what, an inch or two of space between the fork legs?" She said, "excuse us" and they walked outside. We got a great floor show thru the windows. Arms flying, tears, fear. She gave him a complete lambasting!!! Bike cost $250. The repair $125 +/- (there were some other issues with the bike too). Watching all of this priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment