Thursday, August 20, 2009

Humbling

So, I have been feeling pretty good about my retruning back to bikes. I've been feeling stronger each time I took to the streets. Then, I rode today. I know one shouldn't really hit hills until many miles are in the legs. But, there are lots of hills around here and they were calling my name.

I rode for only 45 minutes, but it hurt. 7 hills which all required my getting out of the saddle. For those of you that know me, I'm a big gear masher. I hate standing on hills. I'd rather sit and grind it out. Well, I'm older, not in shape and had to stand. Sure, a 42x15 isn't a climbing gear, but I have done all of these easily in a 48x18 before. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. It's been about 2.5 hours ago and I've recovered and feel pretty good.

Had KFC for dinner. Best fast food chicken out there. Qualifies as 'soul food,' in my book!.

No comments:

Post a Comment