Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Two-a-days

Today is my first two-a-day riding. I'm trying to get that program I spoke of the other day going. Haven't done any situps, no suprise. Monday, I met with Laurie to sell her some Tibetan crystals, Tuesday, Jake was sick. Thus, today was the first morning for myself.

I knew I had a grand total of 2.5 hours to get home, change into bike stuff, ride, shower, eat and get back to school to pick the guys up. Today, my ride was about an hour. Future rides of this route, will have some added distance, now knowing I can ride up to about 1.5 hours, in my alloted time space. The route went down Smitzer, to Valley Park/Hillsboro Rd, left at the power substation, to 30, to Sugar Creek/Old Gravois, to Hawkins and back home. 3 big hills. Hillsboro Roads, is long and a steady grunt, espicially with my gearing/fitness level. The steep hill behind K-Mart in High Ridge hurt. It's not long, but I think it hits a 17% grade. I was zig zagging up, but I made it. Old Gravois/Hawkins is longish, and after the turn onto Hawkins, fairly steep. I just took my time, not wanting to blow up. This will be a good route for me. I can get a really serious workout, in not much time. As mentioned, in the future, I'll add some distance to this. I'll skip the Gravois/Hawkins hill, stay on 30, cross the river to the holy roller church, make a right and take the Old Gravois bridge back thru old town Fenton.

For my next ride, it'll just be my commute to/fro work. But, I'll spin, spin, spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment